HumbleApostrophe.com Blog


The apostrophe is a little squiggle which is often used incorrectly, with wild abandon, in the most inappropriate ways. I'd like to save it, to be an evangelist, and show people how to use it. Join with me on my apostrophe journey which has spanned many years, and hopefully will span many more to come! Teena Hughes


To ask a question or make a comment, please click the COMMENT link under each blog post, and type your comment.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Burnt or burned?

I had a great question today, which I'd like to share.

"What's the difference between 'burnt' and 'burned'?"

The answer is there is NO difference - it just depends on where you learnt English.

In English, the word is 'burnt'.

In American English, the word is 'burned'.

The choice is yours - the meaning of the word is the same with both spellings.

Cheers
Teena! [ApostropheQueen!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home